Monday, February 17, 2014

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

Four and a half years ago my husband and I moved to Boston MA.  It was a difficult transition not only from the cultural stand point but also in the size limitations of my home.  My sister has a a walk-in closet that is larger than my kitchen.  Going from a 1300 square foot home to a 525 square foot home puts a damper on the amount of stuff that you have.  We still have more stuff than our house can handle and the house is a complete and utter mess.  I have got to take steps to get things under control!

What Got Me to This Point?

Two months ago my dear daughter was born.  I cannot believe that it has been two months and what a roller coaster of emotions this has been.  This has been one of the best and one of the most trying times of my life.  I cannot believe that such a tiny person can require so much energy and time.  How people get anything done when they already have children in the house is beyond me and bless them!

What does this have to do with Cleanliness?  I have never been one to always have a clean house.  As a matter of fact, my house is in a constant state of disrepair.  When my husband and I clean we move a mess from one room to another.  But something changed in me with the birth of my daughter.  She deserves a clean home to grow up in.  I am not saying that it has to be perfect, but my monkey couldn't crawl on the floor right now if she wanted to because of the amount of dangerous stuff and dirt on floor. 

Thank goodness they don't come out ready to walk!  


So What Am I Going To Do?

There are a few things that I am willing to try and I hope that they will help me to make a difference in my home. 

  • Find out what Chores are important for me to complete then
  • Create a Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Chore Chart
  • Be more meaningful with my time
  • Set a timer when doing Chores
What are some chores that are important for you to do in your house everyday?  Leave your comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment